VP of Software Engineering
You are one of those rare leaders who is comfortable bridging the gap between technology and people. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are no stranger to charting a successful course through ambiguity. You enjoy the challenge of solving technical problems in a way that will bring the company’s strategy to life. Creating something new that clients will rave about gives you energy. You use that energy to create momentum in your team’s development and delivery schedules.
Straddling the strategic responsibilities that come from being part of the management team and tactical requirements associated with being a member of a small, quickly growing company come naturally to you. As a natural leader, you enjoy mentoring a team of productive, happy software engineers. In fact, your staff would say that you’re the best boss they’ve ever had.
[Company] seeks a VP of Software Engineering who is a true technologist. You will accelerate our product delivery by providing strategic technology vision, process definition, and delivery execution in a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves manner. The result: an overall architectural coherence of [company’s] e-payments product lines.
You’ll work with the executive team to develop and implement long-range strategic objectives for our overall technology platform while continuing to deliver and execute on current product release plans. More specifically, you will partner closely with Product Management to ensure a coordinated strategy for delivering products at their highest quality, reliability, and scalability. Your expertise will enable world-class design and usability via a product development lifecycle that ensures the best cost, quality, and use of assets.
We are accelerating an already rapid growth rate in 2014, so the right candidate will be adaptable, eager to learn new things, and ready to help colleagues do the same. You will collaborate with the [company’s] team and then execute tasks independently.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION you must submit a cover letter highlighting your unique qualities and expertise to include the following:
- Lead the development, deployment, and ongoing build out of our strategic Dashboard product (in close partnership with VP of Product Management)
- Partner with Product Management to ensure a high-quality product development life cycle process
- Deliver a technology strategy to unify our products onto a single technology layer while setting us up to develop long-term platform capabilities
- Develop plan to build in-house engineering team; obtain stakeholder buy-in
- Mentor and guide engineering staff in use and adoption of agile development best practices
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Expert working knowledge of Agile software development practices demonstrated, hands-on experience introducing and implementing such practices in a technology immature, fast-growing product environment
- Strong background in building scalable SaaS and web-based products combined with deep understanding of how to minimize issues related to delivering product-based solutions to clients
- Expert knowledge and experience in LAMP stack and thorough understanding of other technology stacks including (but not limited to) Java and .NET
- Experience in developing highly configurable, integration ready, extensible, and plug-in framework oriented products
- Natural leadership abilities that inspire others, builds strong teams, and knows how to laugh
(Sorry, but this part is confidential to my client.)